The Federation of Transactional Analysis Associations exists to promote cooperation in the Australasian region in the field of transactional analysis. Currently there are two members which are the Australian Association of Transactional Analysis and the Aotearoa New Zealand Transactional Analysis.
The purpose of the Federation is:
- To assist transactional analysis association in the region:
- To promote transactional analysis knowledge and research in transactional analysis and to develop transactional analysis theory
- To encourage and foster the provision of transactional analysis based services in psychotherapy, counselling, education and organisational services to the community to an agreed standard.
- To foster and facilitate training in transactional analysis to mutually agreed international standards.
- To coordinate and approve transactional analysis examinations.
- To issue newsletters and organise conferences concerning transactional analysis at the regional level.
- To encourage publications in transactional analysis and, if the Council chooses, to publish in its own right.
- To promote awareness of transactional analysis and its applications among the general public.
- Where appropriate to assist regional associations and organisations to ensure that transactional analysis training is accredited and/or recognised by other bodies.
- To encourage and facilitate ongoing professional development in transactional analysis among its members.